Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Some of the things I love about Florida




I love the natural beauty all around me here in Florida. I have always been a gardener so moving here to the south and a different climate is delightful as I continue to discover my new surroundings. I totally love seeing palm trees in my own neighborhood and the spanish moss hanging from the great oak trees while the gentle breezes blow in from the gulf. I love all the lakes and the spring fed rivers where the water is crystal clear and the fish are absolutley abundant and stunning to see and if your lucky you will even get to see a manatee.
Florida’s springs are a visible sign of rivers that run underground and then turn toward the surface where they discharge their clear, clean water into a pond. Many Florida rivers are really surface extensions of underground streams. They flow outward from a spring, supporting countless plants and animals with their temperate water.

Lakes in Citrus County can be small enough to swim across or large enough to support power boats, water skiing and even sailing. The Chain of Lakes near Inverness links several large lakes into a continuous body of water more than 20 miles in length.

Where spring-fed freshwater rivers flow into the Gulf of Mexico, a combination of stable temperature, even in winter, and the mixing of fresh and salt water, supports North America’s largest gathering of manatees and many other aquatic creatures including Florida’s famous and delicious blue crabs.

These are all pictures from my town

1 comment:

Nancyroo said...

oh, it is so beautiful there!